D&D Next: Character Sheet Contest

Did you know that there is a character sheet contest? If you have not heard about it, there are still a couple days to get your submission in.

Personally I have never been a fan of the "official" sheets, as I find them to be cluttered with lots of unnecessary fields. My ideal sheet would take up a single side of a single sheet, unless spells entered the equation, which is why I whipped this up tonight:

This "bare-bones" style has pretty much everything you need. Even a low-level wizard could get away with abridged spell descriptions in the Class Features area. I even organized the Defense block so that you would be less likely to overlook any resistances (though I had planned on leaving a Notes field in case you used a healing rate/bloodied rules).

The second sheet/back side will have blocks for backgrounds/skills, feats/specialties, and a blank section that you can fill in for maneuvers, magic items, spells, etc: I think that giving players a blank slate that they can adapt for specific needs is better than cordoning off portions of the sheet for stuff that they might never use (spell section, I am looking at you).

2 comments:

  1. Great sheet, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I've edited both "Features" sections into one big "Features" field, and I've been using it for months. I love that there's actually room to have things written (or on my case, pasted in).

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.